We just submitted both Lights and ms and me to the Geneva Film Festival. This will be the third festival that we’ve submitted both films to, We’ll be hearing back on that submission decision by the end of the year.
With that in mind, I’m using my blog to announce that this will be the last festival that we submit to for a while. It’s been a bit of a chore to submit both films to these festivals, getting hit up with double the submission fees. I don’t exactly have the budget to continue to do this for both films into the future. Instead, we’ll be taking a step back and evaluating how the two films fare in the festivals that we have submitted to. We have our predictions about which film will do better, but until we know for sure, we’ll be taking a break from submitting.
If we do find that any of the films are doing exceptionally well in the festival submission process, then we will continue with a new battle plan that supports those results.
I’m definitely looking forward to submitting future films to future festivals, but I will remember the submission fees themselves. It will be easier in the future to worry about submitting one film than it has been to be submitting two. I’ve managed to make an account on multiple platforms for festival submissions, so I will be on the look out for possible festivals to look for in the future. One festival which I am really interested in for future reference is the LA Femme Festival. That seems like something which could really benefit me.
We’re looking forward to hearing from the festivals that we’ve submitted to. The first round of answers should be available within the next couple weeks, and I will update when that happens.